How Do I ... - Ray & Co. Business Services, Inc.

Go to content

How Do I ...


... Apply for a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
      • Visit and click on the "Apply for an employer ID number" link (under the "Tools" sub-menu)
      • Click on the "Apply Online Now" button
      • Follow the prompts and answer the questions
      • Be sure to print and save the CP575 Notice (offical EIN acknowledgement letter) upon completion

... Apply for a Certificate of Authority to Collect New York State Sales Tax?
      • Read the general instructions (IMPORTANT)
      • Visit to create a NY State online account (An online account MUST be created before you can apply for the Certificate of Authority)
      • Visit the New York State Department of Taxation website - "Register as a sales tax vendor" page
      • Click on the "Already have a ID?" link
      • Follow the directions located under that link to complete the online application

Back to content